Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Hospital Patient for the first time in 12 years


Yep, its for reals. The last time I was signed in at a hospital was when I broke my leg the day of Trevor's baptism when I was 10 years old.

So on Sunday at 2am I woke up with a bad allergic reaction. Hives started erupting over my entire body. I tried to ignore it and I slept horribly that night. That whole day I watched General Conference with a severe itch all over me. I had hives from my shoulders to my ankles. I want to hope it has something to do with my clothes, but I was wearing sandles and shorts all day.

Lucky for me that I have Alex, who accompanied me to Utah Valley Medical Center. We went to the Emergency Room. They asked if I had been a patient there. I told them my name, and my date of birth, and they found me. They definitely tracked me down to the address of 400 N 250 E. The names on the apartment... Todd Evan Jones and Connie Lee Roberts Jones. I was definitely a patient there the day that I was born.

I spoke with a doctor, and guess what he told me? "Well I know this is a textbook allergic reaction. But I can't figure out what caused it. I can make it go away, but I can't tell you what you are allergic to." So he told me to take Benadryl, and he prescribed me 4 days of oral steroids. In the words of my dad, "[I] should go to the gym this week and take advantage of the opportunity." But really, I can testify that steroids can help do good things. Like make my hives go away.

To this day I don't know what is causing the allergic reaction, but I am hoping that it doesn't affect me much more. I don't want to think of what I would have to go through to see an allergist. Alex bought me the special allergist recommended laundry detergent today. She really is the best.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow. sorry. you ahould have said something earlier. but i think i can beat you on the last time i was admitted to a hospital. i'm pretty sure i was like three. i was jumping on the bed and started to fall so i tried to catch myself on the mini blinds. bad idea. so i went to the hospital and got stiches. i think. it happened so long ago that i really have no memory of this. but my parents swear it happened.

The Boring Family said...

It really did happen to Logan. And, to make it even better, we have family pictures to prove it--with her smack in the middle with a big bandage on her hand!