Saturday, September 13, 2008

Website Fun: StuffWhitePeopleLike.com

Recently Lauren got me hooked on this site, Stuff White People Like. This site is dedicated to pointing out white people culture. I love making fun of my Caucasian background, and skin. Let me shed some quotes on you so that you can understand this classicness:

"There are a number of industries that survive solely upon white guilt: Penguin Classics, the SPCA, free range chicken farms, and the entire rubber bracelet market. Yet all of these pale in comparison to classical music, which has used white guilt to exist for over a century beyond its relevance."

"Among the wrong kind of white people, there are few more hated than the wigger or whitethug. Though it is very acceptable and common for the right kind of white people to dress and act as though they were Japanese, Chinese, or European, it is completely unacceptable for them to act like rappers."

"Within a matter of months, MySpace had gone from a virtual utopia to Digital Detroit, where only minorities and indie bands remain. If you plan on befriending white people, it is essential that you join them in the digital suburbs and open a Facebook account immediately. It’s also a good idea to make up a story about how someone from high school sent you a friend request and after accepting you discovered that they were fat and unsuccessful. White people love these stories."

2 comments:

Linze Kate said...

I checked out the sight and just loved how some of the top things that I apparently like - since I am white, after all - are, facebook (true, yes), girls with bangs (I do have bangs...), the onion (probably one of my favorite veggies), Hip Hop References (I'm from the dirty-dirty - I KNOW.), and.... Asian Girls? That's a no go. Well, I do have asian friends that are girls - does that count?

I don't think that is what that means - eh! I am so glad I am now informed as to what I should like since I am white. Thanks, Christian Lander (author)!

*muah*

HAHA! SO FUNNY!

Anonymous said...

So... totaly random here. I see your blog sports a new banner, why pray tell is there not a picture of my daughter?
Future Father In-law