Saturday, September 13, 2008

ASM and Raffles


I don't know what it is, but I always seem to win raffles.

So this last Thursday we had the first club meeting of ASM, the Association for Systems Management. It is reckoned to be the most active club within the Marriott School. We went to a ropes course near Utah Lake. It was so much fun to climb and what not. We were also humans escaping from a little barge to a little plank so that we could get zapped up by aliens (might I mention also that Alex couldn't pick up her feet, so she kept on losing parts of her body to the sea of liquid nitrogen). Then I had to climb up a log about 40 feet, and walk across one between two trees about 50 feet above the ground. It was nerve racking, but I loved it.

Then at the end we listened to a presentation by Ernst and Young. They were voted by Business Week to be the best company to start working for after college. They really gave a great presentation. I would enjoy working for them in the IT security field. They have some security centers out east in which they are paid to hack into people's computers and find vulnerabilities. They also do lots of work in LA for Hollywood-based companies. It also sounded like a lot of fun.

Then we had a raffle at the end. I always seem to win raffles. I don't even say that in a stuck-up way. I just win raffles a lot. Five posts ago I wrote about winning a raffle in the baseball stadium. So that makes me two for three in the last few months. This time I won an 8GB iPod touch. Which I might add is the greatest technological gadget I've ever had. Everybody is probably already bored of hearing me talk about how great my iPod is, but really, it's awesome. It does convince me that buying an iPhone would make me more productive. Except the whole $90 a month data plan thing.

No comments: